Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Random thoughts

My parents were traveling in Sichuan for 2 months last year this time. They have friends and family live in different cities in Sichuan. They went to Chengdu, Doujiangyan, Mianyang, Ya'an, etc. Earlier this year, they were planning on going there again in May. They changed their plan because I'll visit them and they want to wait for me to go there together in August.

A few days ago, when news reported that cyclone devastated Burma, I treated it as a piece of news. On the other hand, when I heard the news of earthquake in Sichuan yesterday, I was shocked, and started to worry, and became upset. It is true that I was born in Sichuan. I have spent more than 15 years there. I have been to most of the cities reported in the news. I have friends and family there. Personal connections dramatically change my attitudes, feelings, and behaviors. At the end, I'm still a selfish little human.

No comments: