Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Karma?

I just came back home from a dinner gathering and turned on my computer. My MSN was logged in. I saw a very strong comment against a Hollywood celebrity from a friend on MSN. I was puzzled. When I checked the Yahoo! entertainment news, I found out what happened. Sharon Stone's comments on Sichuan earthquake were indeed infuriating. What a Chinese TV host wrote in her blog reflects what I thought about Sharon Stone.

For those who can't read Chinese, here is a brief summary of the blog post.

What kind of Karma will Sharon Stone's comments on Sichuan earthquake bring to her?

Hundreds and thousands of people have died in the earthquake. Many more are and will be suffering for years to come. Sharon Stone's comments show she is insensitive and indifferent to life to people. This is frightening!!! Based on her logic, it could be that the Katrina in 2005 was the result of "bad karma" over the US government's invading Iraq. I'm certain that she wouldn't say that to her American fellows, even in her private home. However, she said in a public TV interview that the devastating May 12 earthquake in China could have been the result of bad karma over the government's treatment of Tibet. This shows she is not only ignorant, but also arrogant and biased.

1 comment:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

What is really a shame is that she is representing the US when she does not speak for all of us. I believe that Tibet should have its independence, but I would not state that it is China's bad karma that caused this horrific catastrophe. As a US citicen I can only apologize for the image we created of how the rest of the world should view us. I hope that those, like you Lin, understand that "that" image is not all who we are here. The lack of true communication through those that can benefit most is the most prohibited.