Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Most visited tourist attractions





I went to 20 attractions (listed below) that are out of 50 most visited tourist attractions according to Forbes Traveler. No wonder I always saw so many people and I had to wait in a long line to get into the entrance.

1. Times Square, New York City, NY, USA
2. National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C., USA
7. Fisherman’s Wharf/Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA
9. Notre Dame de Paris, Paris, France
14. Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre, Paris, France
15. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
17. The Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China
18. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
22. Lotte World, Seoul, South Korea
25. Centre Pompidou, Paris, France
30. Metropolitan Museum, New York, NY, USA
31. Grand Canyon, Ariz., USA
36. Statue of Liberty, New York, NY, USA
37. The Vatican and its museums, Rome, Italy
39. The Coliseum, Rome, Italy
40. American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, USA
41. Grauman’s Chinese Theater, Hollywood, CA, USA
42. Empire State Building, New York, NY, USA
45. Palace of Versailles, France
46. Yosemite National Park, CA, USA

However, I wonder how accurate the Forbes Traveler list is. My parents who live in the most populated country in their whole lives complaint to me too many tourists in Beijing when they visited two years ago. Today, one of my schoolmates sent me some pictures (above) showing some beach in China. I guess when all Chinese tourist attractions start to count tourists, few of the 50 listed attractions would be in the list again.^_^.

No comments: