Tuesday, November 20, 2007

head coach of the national women's volleyball team of the United States

Recently I found out that the head coach of the national women's volleyball team of the United States is Ping Lang.

She is one of the most famous and respected individuals in the history of volleyball. She steered the Chinese team to the first world title at the Third World Cup Volleyball Tournament in 1981, before they swept three more major world titles in the 1982 World Championships, 1984 Olympic Games and 1985 World Cup for four straight wins in five years. According to Wikipedia, her name is immediately recognizable among Chinese over 30. My parents love her, so I have watched her play. I also watched the games of the Chinese national women's team she coached.

I haven't watched American women's volleyball. I guess this time I'll pay attention to the women's volleyball schedule.

No comments: