Friday, August 26, 2005

August 14th, 2005—Meeting Jeongwoo’s Fiancé, and Public Bath

Yes, Jeongwoo engaged. Jeongwoo told me that she and her boyfriend planned to get married in October next year! I’m going to meet her fiancé first time. Jeongwoo told me her fiancé, Younggon Bae is a very nice person. We left Jeongwoo’s apartment around 11:00am. We met up with Younggon near his office at 11:30am. My first impression of Younggon is that he is a polite gentleman.

We first went to Seoul Forest, a new park in Seoul center. Jeongwoo and her fiancé are urban designers. And I am an urban planner. You can see why we chose to visit the new park in the center of Seoul.



Jeongwoo and Younggon told me that traditionally, Koreans would eat dog meat on the last day of the summer. Today it happened to be that day. They asked me if I would try some dog meat. As a Chinese, I would almost eat every eatable thing. (Some of you might have heard the story my parents and I tried warms.) Yet, I can’t image eating dog meat on such a hot summer day. So, I told them I would prefer other animals. During lunch time, we went to a restaurant specialized in chicken. It was very delicious. Jeongwoo thinks Korean food is the most delicious in the world. Even though I haven’t tried all cuisines on the whole planet, I agreed with her that Korean food is one of the most delicious.






Because of my special request, we tried famous Korean public bath after lunch. I really enjoyed it. I would live in Korea, if I could take public bath every day. I am sorry I didn’t take any pictures here. I would love to, however, I was afraid that I would have been taken out of the public bath.

No comments: