Friday, August 26, 2005

August 11th, 2005—Flying to Seoul

I am very excited today, my first time to Seoul, South Korea! I have quite a few friends from Korea. I have heard a lot about Seoul and Korea. I felt like I know Seoul. However, I haven’t been to Korea. To me, she is still very foreign.

My flight took off at 2:30 in the afternoon. I took Korean Airline, whose flight attendants are all Koreans. The nice thing is that they still provide meals. The better thing is that all attendants think I am a Korean. They all spoke Korean to me at first.

Before landing, I want to share with you a few facts of Seoul that I found online. Seoul, meaning capital, is the capital of South Korea. The total area of Seoul is 605.52 square kilometers, or 0.6 percent of the entire country. Seoul has a population of 10,276,968 as of the end of 2003. This accounts for about a quarter of the total national population. The number of foreign residents in Seoul as of the end of 2003 is 102,882 or about 1% of Seoul’s total population. They include 52,572 Chinese, 11,484 Americans, and 6,139 Japanese.

No comments: