Saturday, July 15, 2006

Parenting

This year, quite a few of my friends will (already) have babies. Hence, some conversions involved parenting, and parents' expectations.

From my kindergarten to my high school, my parents "pushed" me to study hard, to get good grades...... Well, they might have pushed me, however, somehow their expectations also became my own expectations. I did study hard to get good grades. However, I don't remember other things my parents "pushed" me to do. They just let me do what I like, even supported me financially. For a few years, I was very into stamps. I collected all kinds of stamps by buying new and old ones. It was an expensive habit. Once, I bought a set of stamps which was worth more than half month of my father's salary.

Since I got into college, I hadn't felt my parents "push" any more. They didn't tell me what I should major in. They didn't ask mush about my study or grades. They even didn't ask me to go to the graduate school. I'm very grateful.

No comments: