Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bailout and Milk

For the last several weeks, the economy in the US and Chinese milk quality have been two of the major concerns in my family.

My father has been quite concerned about the economy in the US. Not because he has money investment in the US banks. It is because his only daughter is in the states right now. He is concerned if her research funding for her study will be secured, and her monthly stipend from school will be enough.

There are nearly 53,000 children in China ill due to the the tainted milk. The scare spreads to Europe, and other parts of the world where Chinese milk products were imported. The food safety has been a concern for a quite a long time in China. I think ever since environmental pollution has been concerned, or even earlier when piracy widely spread in China. Both my uncle's family and my parents' friend make their soy milk from the scratch every morning. My parents started to do that last week as well.

No comments: