Thursday, July 05, 2007

Furniture

I have always lived in furnished house. I am not keen on owning furniture. To me, furniture is associated with home. Home is where loved ones are. Even though I have lived in Seattle for 6 years, I refer Seattle as "school". "Home" is always where my parents live. When I talk to my parents on the phone, I'd tell them when I would go home and if I have got back to school from my travels.

However, I have accumulated furniture. Last year, I bought a bookcase and a study chair. I got a floor lamp from a friend. This year, I bought another bookcase and a file cabinet. I also got a desk from another friend. Today, another friend who is leaving Seattle soon has some furniture to sell. I might get a dresser and another floor lamp from her.......

Is Seattle going to become my home?

1 comment:

Vagabundo said...

Hello. By the way. If you are studying urbanism in Seattle, you may want to know a letter wrote years ago for an indian called Seattle. I posted it in http://palabralviento.blogspot.com It is in spanish, but I am sure you will find it in english. Bye and greetings from Mexico.