Saturday, January 20, 2007

Driving

I finally officially started driving in January 2007, even though I passed US driving exam and got my driver's license in 2004.

When I finished the second driving exam, the driving examiner said:"I can't believe you passed the exam!" That was how I got my driver's license.

In 2005, after one year I had my license, first time I got a chance to drive on the road. A friend of mine and I rent a car and planned to go to Grand Canyon from Los Verges. My friend let me drive for an hour or so, and he said to me:" Lin put off of the freeway. I'll drive for the rest of the trip." So I did, as I have never seen him being so serious.

Due to my glamours driving history, none of my friends were willing to let me drive their cars. Last December, I joined the flexcar program for the purpose of driving practice. The program covers cost of gas, comprehensive driving insurance, and automobiles. That means I can officially drive now. The first trip was to warm up. My friend, Rebecca, was brave enough to sit in the car with me to give me instructions. Rebecca thought I was a careful driver but I need to speed up a little bit. My second trip was tonight to a Korean restaurant in Lynnwood, locating about 20 miles north of Seattle. I did all right to the restaurant, except that I missed one traffic light on highway 99.

So people, relax! I won't get onto the freeway until July of this year.

Make the force with me.

No comments: