Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Europe Trip

July 26th, 2006
Flying to Copenhagen


It took me a long time to finish packing. I went to sleep about 3am in the morning. Well, I didn’t start packing until the night before my trip. Literately, I didn’t get ready until the last minute. My entire luggage was a backpack and a rolling carry-on size suitcase for three weeks.

My flight to Copenhagen had two transfers, Chicago and London. I left Seattle at 2:55pm on July 26th, 2006. By the time I got to Copenhagen, it was 5:15pm on July 27th, 2006. All together, it took me about 21 hours from Seattle to Copenhagen. Fortunately, I slept most of the time. In fact I can fall asleep in almost all kinds of moving vehicles.

July 27th, 2006
Arriving in Copenhagen


My friend, Rasmus, who lives in Copenhagen, told me that he would come to the airport to pick me up. He saw me when I just stepped out of the luggage reclaim area. It was great to see him again. We haven’t seen each other for a year! He didn’t change except that he got tanned.

The train service had some problem. We took the taxi to his home. I did notice that there were not many automobiles on the street. I saw quite a few bicycles. As my friend explained, there was no traffic jam in Copenhagen. Rasmus lives in the northwest of Copenhagen, a pretty quite neighborhood. It turned out to be a visitor day for my friend. His parents were also in town to visit him. I have to say I’m the shortest among them.^_^.

I forgot to mention, the custom of Denmark was very fast. They just checked my EU visa, stamped it and let me in without a question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful place. Good for you, you are having a colorful life, that is what life should be. I will vist Europe someday later. Wish my dream come true. :)