Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I can't become a Christian

I don't know if I'm an agnostic or an atheist.

A couple weeks ago, I was approached by two Mormon missionaries. They wanted to teach me about "God". They wanted me to believe "God". As a good research student, I wanted to have evidence. However, they felled to provide any. All the time, they said "There is God", "He is like a Father", "He will be always there"...... It was very disappointing.

One of the missionaries also told me that when he needs comfort, or help, he would ask "God", just like asking comfort or help from "father". It seemed like "God" is for comforting. Why not looking for comforting from family and friends? Are they not good enough? A Chinese writer Yutang Lin once said Christianity won't be widely accepted in China because Chinese believe that people are capable to communicate and a third partner is not needed.

No comments: